Hi All! We arrived in Hong Kong. Cathay Pacific was a fabulous airline! The flight was not full so John and I had a row of 3 seats together and Dad had 4 seats in the middle section to himself for most of the trip. We rotated between the seats so we could stretch out to sleep a bit. The bassinettes were very nice. They sit on a shelf that folds down from the bulkhead section and secure to the wall - so we will still have our leg room! They are padded nicely and look real comfy! I was glad to see how they worked - we will have one for the way home.
We are staying at the Renaissance Harbour View Hotel and are looking out our windows on a georgeous view of the Harbour.
Dad can't get over how developed it is. We will spend tomorrow in the downtown business district for some Shopping! Saturday morning we will spend closer to the hotel as we have to leave for the airport around noon.
I will upload the view tomorrow!
Off to Bed!
(John Here) I was dreading the 15 hour plane ride, but Cathay Pacific Airlines were wonderful. Each seat had its own LCD monitor and there were 40 plus channels to choose from. I watched Snow White, Frasier, CSI and House. There was also a channel with constant updates on how many miles we had traveled, altitude, air speed and a map of exactly where the plane was at any given time (like over Siberia, Japan or Alaska - too cool). As we drove around Hong Kong, we saw many "establishments" including a club Glen Kaemmerer told us about, the "Bottoms Up" club which was in an early James Bond movie. Tomorrow, we explore Hong Kong, but it's after midnight here and it's five o'clock somewhere so I'm going to bed too. Jeanne and I miss everyone, but we are both thrilled to be doing this and can't wait to add Sammi to the equation. Take Care!
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you flapped your wings successfully! We were all thinking about you.
ReplyDelete