Thursday, January 4, 2007

Paperwork at the Embassy!

We received our INS approval in late December. Our paperwork is now at the Vietnam Embassy waiting to be legalized. Thanks to Lynette for hand delivering it to the Embassy last week! That is a huge help and will keep things moving as quickly as possible.

Once the paperwork is completed there, Lynette is going to send everything off to our adoption agency. Once reviewed, they will forward it off to Vietnam for translation and submission. Then we wait to be matched with a child.

We don't know how long it will be as they are changing some of the adoption procedures, but we will keep everyone posted.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are coming along. thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Sister. Somehow this doesn't convey the full scale of efforts that were expended to get your documents in order....no not my efforts, I'm talking about the 39 emails sent to my office account (yeah, I didn't bother counting the gmail emails) about when to expect them, what is included, what to do with them, where the delivery driver is, what the embassy website says, what the consular office said, whether the documents will make it in time, Federal Express Next Flight vs. International Priority, what to copy and how to stamp it, blah blah blah.

    From here on our I expect, no, I demand, *full disclosure* .... the democrats are in office again here in Washington, D.C. and new ethical requirements are in play.

    Seriously, you have to memorialize the ups and the downs so that when you go through this the next time you'll remember how it was.

    Glad to be able to help - hope my little niece/nephew comes soon - our family could use another dose of cute babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot the phone calls to my house/office - I didn't count those either.

    Come on...tell it like it was.....

    ReplyDelete