Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Passport In Hand - 1st Embassy Appointment Done!




Hi All! Things have been going very smoothly. Monday we picked up our Passports and Tuesday we had our first Embassy appointment. Our medical was moved until Thursday afternoon so we have all day today to go out on the town! The last part of the process is the second Embassy interview. They said it may be 4-5 days after the first appointment since things are so busy right now, so it might be Tuesday until we are finished. We will keep our fingers crossed that we will have time to go to Hue before we head for home!

Samantha has been doing great and is giving more gummie smiles each day. She is pushing up more each day and is ready to roll over any time now - I just hope I don't miss it!

Dad has been going down to an outdoor coffee shop near the hotel each morning and reading a chapter in one of his books. I think he really enjoys his piece of quiet in the morning sitting outside watching the world go by. He has been a great help to the other families here - we have a built in translator and tour guide! Yesterday he took two of the teenagers (from another family in our travel group) out to find a Chineese Chess game. He introduced them to some Vietnamese foods they had not tried yet and just had a nice time walking around the city. They are great kids and Dad has really enjoyed getting to know them. It was funny yesterday, when they got back he thanked them for a great day - they thanked him for getting them away from their parents!

We are so lucky to have so many great families in our travel group. I think it is a real nice blend of people - we are all from the midwest too!

This really has been a trip of a lifetime for us - the adoption process has gone smoothly and we are really enjoying Vietnam. We miss everyone from home and can't wait to see you - but are enjoying each moment we are here!

4 comments:

  1. She looks like a really happy baby. I am sure her parents' smiles are just as big.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and I am so happy everyhting is going well. I can't wait to meet the newest Cardinal Fan!!!!
    Mary Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gummie smile is the cutest!! Can't wait for you all to return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Mom and Dad! She is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete